Translate page into:
|What do you think? |
The statements by William Branham included in these articles are so strong, they force you to make a conclusion.
(a) Will you accept William Branham's statements and conclude that he was God himself - greater than Jesus, equal to the Holy Spirit, infallible, and above reproach?
(b) Or will you conclude that William Branahm was delusional.
There is no middle ground, because to compromise these statements requires you to deny William Branham's own words. It's time to choose: is William Branham's word Infallible, or was his message fallible?
This article is one in a series of studies on the doctrines of William Branham that pointed to himself - you are currently on the article that is in bold:
- Revelation 10:7
- The Fulfillment of Malachi 4:5
- The Laodicean Church Age Messenger
- Matthew 17:11
- Luke 17:30
- Matthew 24:28
- Zechariah 14:7
- Joel 2:25
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16
- The Importance of a Seven-Lettered Name
- The Prophet and The Eagle
- The Sign of the Messiah
- Two major prophets never ministered at the same time
- William Branham's View of Himself
- William Branham and the Nation of Israel
William Branham believed that he was the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:7:
- And there shall be a unique day, which is known to the Lord, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light.
What the Bible teaches
Zechariah 14:7 should be read in context:
- 4 - On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward.
- 5 - And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
- 6 - On that day there shall be no light, cold, or frost.
- 7 - And there shall be a unique day', which is known to the LORD, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light.
- 8 - On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea and half of them to the western sea. It shall continue in summer as in winter.
- 9 - And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one. 
There will be one continuous day (Isa 60:19–20). John picks up this theme in Rev 21:22–25:
- And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God is its light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light shall the nations walk; and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory into it, and its gates shall never be shut by day—and there shall be no night there (RSV).
With continuous day there will be no clouds and no rain. The land will be watered by a stream of living water flowing out of Jerusalem (cf. Ezek 47:1–12; Joel 3:18; Rev 22:1–2). Here in Zech 14 the living water will flow to the Dead Sea and to the Mediterranean Sea. The stream will never run dry.
Just as the lack of light destroys the difference between light and dark, thus obviating the basis for any diurnal distinction between day and night, the lack of cold and frost similarly destroys differences in temperature and precipitation, thus obviating the basis for any seasonal distinction between summer and winter.
The Hebrew text reads here “there will be no light of splendor, they will congeal” (NIV, “there will be no light, no cold or frost”). In Zechariah 14:6 it is rendered in the plural, probably referring to the sun and moon. The term “congeal” is used for thickening a liquid (Ex. 15:8; Job 10:10; Zeph. 1:12). The normally translucent bodies of light in the sky (sun and moon) will be congealed and no longer emanate light.
The “congealing” of the heavenly lights will return the cosmos to the conditions of the first day of the creation account, a day known only to the God who created the world. On this day light was created and later it was distinguished from darkness, creating “daytime” and “nighttime.” Zechariah 14:6 stops the creative process partway through this day, for when “evening” arrives, light continues; there is no darkness. This image of a future era with perpetual light is also seen in Isa. 60:19, 20; Rev. 21:25; and Rev 22:5.
The transformation of the cosmos continues in Zech. 14:8 as Jerusalem becomes a perpetual source of water for the entire land, supplying the seas to the east and west. “Living water” is used for fresh water originating in a well or spring (e.g., Gen. 26:19; Jer. 2:13). This verse envisions a flow of water from within Jerusalem that will exceed the needs of the city, running throughout the land and emptying into the Eastern Sea (Dead Sea) and the Western Sea (Mediterranean Sea).
The reference to “summer and … winter” is a merism denoting all seasons (Gen. 8:22; Ps. 74:17) and signifying that the flow of water will no longer fluctuate according to seasonal patterns (Ps. 32:4). This image of a future era with abundant water flowing from Jerusalem is a consistent feature in Ezek. 47:1–20 and Joel 3:18), one that is drawn from the description of Eden in Genesis 2:10–14.
It is critical to note that all the nations gather against Jerusalem to battle (v.2) prior to the scripture that William Branham points to as being his ministry. So it seems that one should simply ask the questions:
- Did the nations gather together against Israel to do battle during William Branham's ministry?
- Was there an end to summer and winter?
- Did water flow out of Jerusalem into both the Dead See and the Mediterranean?
Since the obvious answer to these questions is "NO", then it is unreasonable for William Branham to think that Zechariah 14:7 has been fulfilled.
This is yet another case of William Branham misinterpreting scripture to point to himself.
Quotes of William Branham
The prophet said, "There will be a day that couldn't be called day nor night." It's a dismal, the clouds, as over the face of the sun. But said, "About evening time it shall come Light again." The same Son! He is Alpha and Omega. Same Son that rose in the east was predicted to rise in the west again, in the last days, just before the day was over. I don't know how they interpret It; God interprets His Own Word. He proves It. This is the evening time. 106 It's sad, but she sure fell for it again. Christ's bride fell for it, and took the intellectual knowledge of some seminary preacher instead of believing the pure, vindicated Word of God.
Now let's find out. "It shall be Light" (about the middle day?) "at the evening time!" What is Light sent for? So you can see where you're... how to get around. Is that right? See where you're at. "It shall be Light about the evening time."
Now, we take that now and compare it over with Malachi 4. He promised that there would be Light come again in the evening time, see, "For, behold, I will send to you Elijah the prophet, and he will restore the--the children back to the fathers, and the fathers to the children," (is that right?) "lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."
God has promised His Word, how It would be fulfilled and how It would come to pass when He chose His Bride, how it would be done. It's happening right before you, in the Name of the Lord, and that's by the original Word! The evening-time Message is here.
How many remembers Haywood when he wrote:
- It shall be Light about the evening time,
- The path to Glory you will surely find.
- Zechariah 14:7 (ESV)
- The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton: Standard Bible Society, 2001), Zec 14:4–9.
- Ralph L. Smith, Micah–Malachi, vol. 32, Word Biblical Commentary (Dallas: Word, Incorporated, 1984), 288–289.
- Michael Floyd, Minor Prophets: Part 2, vol. 22, The Forms of the Old Testament Literature (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2000), 542.
- Mark J. Boda, Haggai, Zechariah, The NIV Application Commentary (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 2004), 525–526.
- THE.GOD.OF.THIS.EVIL.AGE_ JEFF.IN 65-0801M
- CHRIST.IS.REVEALED.IN.HIS.OWN.WORD_ JEFF.IN 65-0822M
- TRYING.TO.DO.GOD.A.SERVICE.WITHOUT.IT.BEING.GOD'S.WILL_ SHP.LA 65-1127B