Translate page into:
William Branham told about a series of eight prophetic visions he experienced in June 1933. In the sixth vision, William Branham saw women cutting their hair, acting and dressing like men, and finally almost completely abandoning their garments. |
1964 retelling of 1933 prophesy
- The fifth vision had to do with the moral problem of our age, centering mostly around women. God showed me that women began to be out of their place with the granting of the vote. Then they cut off their hair, which signified that they were no longer under the authority of a man but insisted on either equal rights, or in most cases, more than equal rights. She adopted men's clothing and went into a state of undress, until the last picture I saw was a woman naked except for a little fig leaf type apron. With this vision I saw the terrible perversion and moral plight of the whole world. (Church Age Book, Chapter 9, by William Branham)
Problems with the prophecy
First Mentioned In 1964
William Branham mentions that these visions that he received in 1933 were “Thus Saith the Lord”. The prophecy was written down, so each retelling of it should have been consistent. However, William Branham only mentions this part of the 1933 vision in 1964, when he refers to an article published in Life Magazine that included a photograph of a woman in a transparent gown.
The fig leaf covering
The morals of the human race have never been that great, and Americans are no different. The fig-leaf analogy is sensational, but people have been wearing immoral clothing of this type since, well, Adam and Eve. The bikini itself was invented by fashion designer Jacques Heim in Paris in 1946, and was popularized in America long before William Branham mentioned the immorality of American clothing as part of the 1933 prophecy. Furthermore, images of partially-clad and naked women can be found in much ancient art, such as Egyptian art.
Changes in the story
The Church Age Book includes "women cutting their hair" as part of this prophecy - which is absent from the recorded sermons.
- pre-1964: Nothing.
- 1964: Women would wear fig-leaf type transparent skirts, and garments like a man. 
- 1964: Women would wear man’s garments, and put on fig leaves. 
- 1964: Women will never go completely nude, but will wear underneath clothes and something like a fig leaf. 
- Church Age Book: Women everywhere would cut their hair, adopt men’s clothing, and undress down to a fig-leaf style apron. 
William Branham trimmed his daughter's hair
William Branham preached against women voting, driving, and cutting their hair. However, his daughters did all of these things. In fact, William and Meda Branham even began trimming their daughter Rebekah's hair before she was old enough to ask for it.
Doesn't it matter how you raise your children, especially if you have a catastrophic word from the Lord?
- Did you see the new bathing suits they brought out? Do you know my prediction that women would finally come to fig leaves, thirty-three years ago? And now they got them that's dressed in fig leaves, transparent skirts. The Word of the Lord never fails. See? And that was to take place just before the end time, come to a fig leaf again. I was reading it in Life magazine. That was said thirty-three years ago, before women took their fall. It was told how they would do it in this day, and here they are. How they'd wear garments like man, and how they'll... The immorals of the woman would drop in this nation.(July 19, 1964, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- Look at 1933, how it say the women would act in this last days…And how that women would wear garments and look like man, even like their underneath clothes; and would finally come to putting fig leaves, like, on them. How the immoral act, how they would act in this day. Look what they've done. And it's right before you, then… And I said, "Then the morals of our women is going to fall in such a degraded things, till they're going to be a disgrace to all nations. They're going to wear man's clothes. They're going to keep taking off their clothes till actually they come down like they got their underneath clothes on, that's all. And, finally, they'll come to wearing just a fig leaf." And if you notice, in last month's Life magazine, they had the woman with the fig leaves on. And that's the new evening frock, or gown, what they wear of the evening; transparent, can see through it, only the fig leaves just hides a certain spot of her body; with strapless, or strap, unstrapped bathing suits, the top of it, exposed body. And how that those things has happened! (July 26, 1964, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- Yes, that's... That's right, sister. Yes, sir. The women... I said the women would become so immoral in the last... Now, you know thirty years ago how they dressed. Said they'd become so immoral, till they'd walk down the street with--till like--just like their underneath clothes on. And I said, "Then will come to pass, that they'll even be so disgraceful, till they'll wear something look like a fig leaf." I saw it, and they've got it; and they're wearing it. (August 23, 1964, Jeffersonville, Indiana)
- The fifth vision had to do with the moral problem of our age, centering mostly around women. God showed me that women began to be out of their place with the granting of the vote. Then they cut off their hair, which signified that they were no longer under the authority of a man but insisted on either equal rights, or in most cases, more than equal rights. She adopted men's clothing and went into a state of undress, until the last picture I saw was a woman naked except for a little fig leaf type apron. With this vision I saw the terrible perversion and moral plight of the whole world. (Church Age Book)