Any miracle of Moses could be impersonated
Translate page into:
William Branham stated that the magicians could perform every miracle that Moses could do. Does this contradict scripture? What does the Bible say?
What the Bible teaches
The magicians could not produce lice like Moses:
- And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not: so there were lice upon man, and upon beast. Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
Then God took out the magicians:
- And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians.
And the magicians are not mentioned again. They could not and did not perform any of the miracles that Moses performed after Exodus 8:18.
Why did William Branham contradict scripture?
William Branham stated that the magicians could copy ALL Moses' miracles, which is directly contrary to the Bible:
- But watch this fellow come out. Jannes and Jambres walked out before Moses, and publicly before the people, and performed every miracle that Moses could do. "They will deceive the very Elected if it's possible." That right? Performed the same thing that Moses did. You get it? Now remember, it's THUS SAITH THE SCRIPTURE, that it'll repeat again in the last days. What was the difference between Moses and Jambres? Moses said, "Let blood come in the water." And these false prophets said, "Sure, we put blood in the water, too." And it happened.
- So Moses said, "Let there come fleas." What was he getting it? Straight from God. See? And what did he do? He said, "Well, sure, we can bring fleas, too." And they did it. Any miracle that Moses could do, they could do, too! Remember, keep that in mind, we're coming to it, after a while. They can do anything the rest of them can do, but they can't stay with the Word. They can't stay with the Word.
- The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Ex 8:18–19.
- The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Ex 9:11.
- William Branham, 65-0725M - The Anointed Ones At The End Time, Para. 136