The word for our day?
Here is a quote from a message follower:
- Jesus Christ is the Word for our day. God always uses man to bring His Word. That's a scriptural pattern.
Is this correct? Is that what the message of William Branham is? - the word for our day?
What William Branham taught
William Branham taught that what was good in the early church would not work today:
- The Word of Moses’ time did not work in the days of Jesus’ time. The work… the Word in the days of the apostles does not work in this day. It’s a promised Word for this day. They said themselves, and spoke it by the Holy Ghost, what would take place in the last days, how the churches would be heady, high-minded, how the whore would rise up and the harlots would be right with her, and how the…they would darken the earth. And the last church age, the Laodicea, Jesus would be completely taken from the church.
William Branham believed that he had the "word for the hour" and that people could not be saved outside of his message:
- The anointed Word of God being vindicated before any man that’s born to be a son of God, with the predestinated germ into him for this hour, he’ll see God’s Message as sure as there’s a God in Heaven. Martin Luther saw It for his. Wesley saw It for his. The pentecostal saw It for his. Now what about you? Uh-huh. They went into a denomination. Here is the Word condemning it; telling you what we’re to have today, and just exactly Malachi 4 and all these other promises for the hour. What do you see? What are you looking at? Amen. Here we are. The real, genuine eagles hear. “My sheep know My Voice. A stranger they’ll not follow.”
- No matter how much education, and how kind, how much you speak with tongues, how much kind, gentle, and everything you are; unless you accept that Word of the hour, when It’s manifested before you, you’re in the same predicament. That might sound crude, I don’t mean it that way, but it’s Truth. Just, just believe It, see. 
William Branham did not believe that all believers in Christ would go in the rapture. Only those that followed him go go in the rapture:
- Will all borned again believers go in the rapture? No, just the remnant, just the remnant, not all born again believers. The Bible said, “And the rest of the dead lived not for a thousand years,” and then they was raised and separated, the sheep from the goats. Not all borned again will go in the…according to Scripture.
What the Bible teaches
William Branham's understanding of the "word for our day" was that a person must believe that William Branham was a prophet and if you don't believe that, then you don't have the Holy Spirit.
However, that is complete and utter non-Biblical nonsense.
The message is simply a type of Christian conservativism which has been repeated throughout the history of Christianity. Its adherents say they are founded on scripture but their faith is really based on the "inspired" teachings of an "inspired" teacher.
A lot of people like this because it's simple. They don't have to think. They just have to believe what the "inspired" teacher says.
But that is not the Bible.
In 2 Peter 3:15, we read:
- Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Peter says that some of Paul's teachings are hard to understand.
The writer of Hebrews states in chapter 5 that:
- We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. 
We need to be adults. We need to think and consider and ponder God's word. We need to examine what William Branham taught very carefully and compare it to scripture.
The reason that so many have left the message of William Branahm is because of that. They have examined William Branham's message and compared it to the Bible. It failed.
- William Branham, 64-0112 - Shalom, para. 260
- william Braham, The Invisible Union Of The Bride Of Christ (65-1125), para. 240
- william Braham, Paradox (64-0206B), para. 232
- William Branham, Questions And Answers #2 (64-0823E), para. 211
- The New International Version (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2011), 2 Pe 3:15–16.
- The New International Version (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2011), Heb 5:11–14.