A well known message minister boasted that nobody could refute the message and everybody that had left the message only did so to live in the world.
A former message believer called him and said that he wanted the simple opportunity to sit down, open up the Bible and go through a number of topics to see if the former message believer could refute the message from the scriptures.
The message minister said that he wasn't interested, stating "There is nothing that you could tell me that I don't already know."
How does someone get to that point?
What the Bible says
Luke 20:4-8 states
- "Now tell me, was the baptism of John from heaven or from man?”
- And they discussed it with one another, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say, ‘Why did you not believe him?’
- But if we say, ‘From man,’ all the people will stone us to death, for they are convinced that John was a prophet.”
- So they answered that they did not know where it came from.
- And Jesus said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.”
When the only thing you care about is doing what it takes to keep the appearance of authority, respect and power - purely with the motive of keeping the favour of "the people" - it is then impossible to find truth.
Why would a message minister accept a challenge when it will do nothing to uphold the illusion of his superiority? The only answer he will be able to offer is "I don't know". And he knows it.