William Branham believed that the Holy Spirit had been bound by denominations since the days of the early church.
What does the Bible say?
Who can bind the Holy Spirit of God? Can any man or system?
What man or denomination could invalidate this promise?
- If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
If the Spirit of God was bound, how could anyone serve God?
- For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
- You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
The Bible actually teaches the opposite of what William Branham stated:
- And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to Himself."
- And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever.
- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
Quotes of William Branham
Now, I have been accused of being against denominational churches, but that is wrong. I am not against nothing but sin. See? I--I--I just... I'm not against any denomination or any people. I'm just as much Methodist as I am Baptist, Pentecostal, anything else; I'm your brother. I--I--I--I just... Don't make any difference.
Now just to kind of lay the foundation of what we are trying to do. We, first place, we don't represent any denomination; not against any denomination, but just don't represent any. We stand...
Notice, here is a great thing. Look! Oh, my! The Holy Spirit has been bound by the denominations, all these two thousand years. We find out, It has. Now notice the sabbaths, seven sabbaths, they couldn't get all the way out. The--the Bible said, "There will be a day that will be neither night or day."
"And all Scripture," Jesus said, "must be fulfilled." Is that right? Say, "Amen." [Congregation says, "Amen"--Ed.] The prophet said, "There will be a day that can't be called day and night, but in the evening time it shall be Light."
...The Holy Spirit has been bound by these denominational rivers, for almost two thousand years, but is to be loosed in the evening time, by the evening-time Message. The Holy Spirit back in the Church again; Christ, Himself, revealed in human flesh, in the evening time. He said. He promised it.
- ↑ The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton: Standard Bible Society, 2001), Lk 11:13.
- ↑ The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton: Standard Bible Society, 2001), Ro 8:14.
- ↑ The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton: Standard Bible Society, 2001), Ro 8:9.
- ↑ Acts 2;38-39 ESV
- ↑ John 14:16 KJV
- ↑ Matthew 28:20
- ↑ THE.REJECTED.KING_ CHAUTAUQUA.OH FRIDAY_ 60-0610
- ↑ THE.IDENTIFICATION.OF.CHRIST.IN.ALL.AGES_ BIRMINGHAM.AL THURSDAY_ 64-0409
- ↑ THE.FEAST.OF.THE.TRUMPETS_ JEFF.IN V-3 N-16 SUNDAY_ 64-0719M