Leave the message and follow Christ
If someone appoints themselves as the Divine Interpreter of God's Word, they are mistaken.
- Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.
Preaching MUST agree with the Bible
What someone is preaching MUST line up with Scripture. If it does not, they are preaching contrary to God's Word.
- God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, that thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
Rules and regulations?
When someone presents the Gospel as RULES AND REVELATIONS, it is obvious this teaching is not Scriptural. We are no longer under the law:
- The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
- Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
It is ALL about Grace
The Bible makes it very plain that we are under the New Testament covenant of Grace, given to us through the perfect Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Law + Grace EQUALS Alienation from Jesus
If you adhere to the laws of a man, you have not embraced the Grace of Jesus Christ:
- Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Don't accept a false Gospel
If anyone teaches that you have to believe THEIR TEACHINGS to come to Christ, they are teaching a false gospel. The Grace of Jesus Christ is for anyone who will believe on HIM.
- And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
How then are we saved?
The NIV puts it in plainly:
- The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household".
Our desire is to point people to Jesus Christ
For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and Godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the Grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
- 2 Peter 1:20
- Romans 3:4
- Luke 16:16
- Galatians 3:24,25,26
- Ephesians 2:8
- Galatians 5:4
- Acts 16:31
- Acts 16:30
- 2 Corinthians 1:12