Kari Holma

From BelieveTheSign
Revision as of 15:33, 3 August 2007 by Believethesign (talk | contribs) (Update layout)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
William Branham and others arriving in Finland on April 14, 1950. William Branham is at the top of the stairs.

In the 1940s, William Branham saw a vision of a young boy being raised from the dead after being hit by a car. Rather than keeping the details of this vision a secret, William Branham retold this vision during various campaigns, including his Canadian campaigns in the 1940s, and told people to write the vision down in the fly-leaf of their Bibles.

This vision was finally fulfilled in 1950 in Finland. The boy, Kari Holma, was killed in an automobile accident, and was restored to life by the prayers of William Branham as instructed in the vision.

The following is an article by William Branham that appeared in a special overseas edition of The Voice of Healing magazine, published in June, 1950.

The Vision
Kari Holma.

One morning at about 3 A.M., I was awakened out of my sleep to find that the angel of the Lord was in the room to show me a vision. By the spirit I was transported in the vision to a scene where an accident had just happened. I saw that a little boy of about eight or ten years of age had been killed. He had light brown hair and his clothes looked very ragged and torn. Some men were taking the child to a hospital or funeral home.

It was at that moment that the angel of the Lord told me to kneel and pray that the child’s life would return to him. That I did, and life was restored and he lived. Now this vision is to come to pass in the future. I have told it to hundreds of people all the way from Canada to Florida. Many have written it on the flyleaf of their Bible. About two weeks after the vision appeared to me, I was telling it to a crowd of people at a tent meeting in Miami, Florida. The next evening when I was coming to the service, I was taken to a crowd of people waiting just behind the tent. They had a little boy about five years old that had been drowned that morning in a canal. But when I saw the child I said it was not the boy I had seen in the vision. So I offered a prayer of sympathy for the family.

Fulfillment: A Boy Dies
Part of the group at the mountain tower in Finland in 1950 just before tragedy struck. William Branham is the second from the right, bottom row.

…It was in Kuopio, Finland, when the Lord Jesus fulfilled the vision that He had shown me some two years before. It was that of a little boy with light brown hair which was raised from the dead. I was with a group of ministers, who were coming down from a mountain where we had been praying and singing hymns.

Among the ministers were Brother Gordon Lindsay and Brother Jack Moore, whom I am associated with. A motor car some 300 yards ahead of us struck a little boy, throwing him to the ground, and then ran over him with such force that it threw him back near the sidewalk.

Fulfillment: A Boy is Resurrected

Brother Jack Moore picked him up and brought him back into the car with us. We saw that he was dead. I looked at the little boy and thought I recognized him. Then I remembered that he was the little boy I had seen in the vision, who was eight or ten years old, with light brown hair and who was poorly dressed. I held him to my body and began to pray. Suddenly his life came back.

The Mystery of the second child

Arriving at the hospital, we were surprised to learn that the car had struck another little boy, and had knocked him to the other side of the road. We had not seen him because he was hidden from our view, and another car had picked him up and rushed him to the hospital. After two days he was still unconscious.

The parents of both children came to the hotel to see me. The father and mother of the first boy were so happy because the Lord had given life back to their son according to the vision that He had showed me.

The second boy that was also hurt in the accident

But with sadness the other parents looked at me and said, “What about our boy? Is he going to live?”

I replied that I could not say.

But they answered, “You have told the other parents that their boy would live; can’t you say something for our boy?”

But I said that I could say nothing until the Lord showed me. Then they began to weep.

I then asked the parents if they were Christians. They replied that they belonged to the church but were not saved. I then asked them if God saved their boy, would they serve the Lord all their days and teach the child to do so.

With tears they answered that they would. Then we all knelt and prayed. I said in my prayer, “Father, please have mercy on us and save their son.” Then I returned to my room.

The news was brought to me about that time that unbelievers standing by at the scene of the accident, when the boy was killed, had said, “There is the ‘divine healer’ from America whom they are all talking about. Now let us see what he will do.”

When they heard that the dead boy was raised, then they said, "Why doesn’t he do something for the other boy who has been unconscious for two days?" That is what my interpreter, Sister Isaacson, reported that the people were telling the parents of the child that was dying in the hospital.

I then said to Sister Isaacson, "I can do nothing until God shows me what to do That is what Jesus said in John 5:19. I can only pray." That night I prayed again for the boy. The report came from the hospital the next day that he was just barely alive, and life seemed to be going fast.

An Angel of Mercy for the Second Child

The following evening, after returning from the service, I was in my hotel room. The angel of the Lord came into my room. Before me were placed two Easter flowers, one leaning to the south and another to the north. That is just the way the boys’ bodies fell when the car struck them. The one toward the north was the one they took up dead, and the Lord healed. The other one to the south was the smaller lad, who was still unconscious these three days.

Then the flower toward the north sprang up at once, strong and alive, but the other one toward the south was fading away and dying fast. The angel made me to understand that the vision represented the two boys.

Then he showed me two pieces of candy which had just been given me before I came into the room. The angel said, “Take one piece and eat it.” I did, and it tasted good. Then he said to me. “Take the other piece.”

But the second piece did not taste just right, and I started to take it from my mouth. But the angel seemed to say, “If you do that the other boy will die.” So I quickly ate the other piece. Then the flower was alive again in the other vision. When the vision was over, I hastened to the room of Brother Lindsay and Brother Moore. I said to my brethren, “Thus saith the Lord concerning the boy.”

Then I repeated the vision to the others of the party. I said, “God showed me another vision three weeks before in London, and it came to pass perfectly. So this vision also shall come to pass. The boy shall live.”

Sister May Isaacson, the interpreter, tried to call the parents of the boy and tell them what I had said, but they had gone to the hospital, for it had been told them that the boy was dying. But when they arrived at the hospital, they discovered that something had happened. The lad had awakened out of his unconscious condition.

<flvplayer width="250" height="200" autoplay="false" autobuffering="false" loop="false" splashimage="EByskal-click.jpg">Kari Holma.flv</flvplayer>

Rev. Edward Byskal confirms that he heard about this prophecy two years prior to its fulfillment.

When they reported this to Sister May, she asked, “What time did this happen?”

They said, “While we were watching for him to take his last breath, he suddenly became conscious. It was 10 o’clock at the time.” When the doctors examined the boy, they reported that he would be all right. After checking the time of the vision, I found that it was just 10 o’clock when the angel of the Lord had come into my room.

All praise to the power of Jesus’ Name. Let angels prostrate fall. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all!

Kari Holma Today

Rev. Edward Byskal contacted Kari Holma in Kuopio, Finland, in the 1990s. At that time he was working for the Highway Patrol. Although he readily acknowledged the miracle which took place in April of 1950, he has no personal memories of that day.