William Branham taught that when you became a Christian, you had to be Justified first, Sanctified second, and then could be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Justification, Sanctification, Holy Spirit. Insinuates that there was no Holy Spirit leading John Wesley or Luther. I will never leave you?
- “Justification, sanctification, the baptism of the Holy Ghost, the last three messages, the last three church ages forms the complete Birth…You can justified without being sanctified. You can be sanctified without receiving the Holy Ghost. That’s exactly.” (The Seven Seals)
- “The disciples in John 17:17, was sanctified and given power to cast out devils, but still didn’t have the Holy Ghost.”
- “And you accept the Holy Spirit by faith, but then let the Holy Spirit come and give the circumcision as a witness that He's accepted your faith. You see?” (Fourth Seal)
- If the disciples could cast out devils without the Holy Ghost, how can you be sure that William Branham had the Holy Ghost?
- Why is receiving the Holy Spirit not good enough? Why did William Branham need to ask for an outward conformation to his doctrine, as evidence that you had been spiritually circumcised?