|What do you think? |
The statements by William Branham included in these articles are so strong, they force you to make a conclusion.
(a) Will you accept William Branham's statements and conclude that he was God himself - greater than Jesus, equal to the Holy Spirit, infallible, and above reproach?
(b) Or will you conclude that William Branahm was delusional.
There is no middle ground, because to compromise these statements requires you to deny William Branham's own words. It's time to choose: is William Branham's word Infallible, or was his message fallible?
This article is one in a series of studies on the doctrines of William Branham that pointed to himself - you are currently on the article that is in bold:
William Branham believed that it was a significant spiritual sign that his last name was seven letters but that 'Graham' (as in Billy Graham) only had six letters. He specifically stated:
- A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters, and so is B-r-a-n-h-a-m seven letters.
By doing this, William Branham was clearly stating that he was more spiritual than Billy Graham.
Is this spiritual?
Why is the English language important when spelling non-English names?
- Abram, in Hebrew is אַבְרָם which has FOUR letters.
- Abraham in Hebrew is אַבְרָהָם which has FIVE letters, not seven.
- Abraham in Greek is Ἀβραάμ which has SIX letters (the number of man).
- The name "Branham" may not have seven letters when Message Books are translated into foreign languages such as Hindi, Mandarin or Greek.
Why did William Branham think it was important?
William Branham's only purpose for this doctrine was to draw attention to himself. He pointed this out clearly in his Audio Letter To Lee Vayle, that he recorded in 1964:
- Now, and another thing. If you'll notice, G-r-a-h-a-m is six letters. A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters, and so is B-r-a-n-h-a-m seven letters. Now, if you're going to make that in conclusion, it might be a good thing. 
Why Not Oral Roberts?
The name "Roberts", as in Oral Roberts, also has seven letters. However, this did not appear to be of any consequence to William Branham, who still taught that a man with a seven-lettered name was one of the angels that went down to Sodom...while he represented Elohim who stayed and discerned Abraham and Sarah's sickness.
Did Oral Roberts have a miraculous ministry?
First William Branham said there were no miracles in Oral Roberts ministry and then he said there were a few. This is very troubling because the evidence is that there were as many and some would say many more miracles in Oral Roberts' ministry as there were in William Branham's service. Oral Roberts certainly prayed for many more people than William Branham ever did.
- And you also remember, that in the days of Sodom… Any of you ministers and you Bible students, I believe you would agree with this. Doctor Scofield and many others does; most all the teachers, Charles Fuller, and so forth, of great scholars in the land: That Abraham represented the Spirit, church spiritual. Lot represented the church carnal or natural. He was down in Sodom in the sin, yet he had righteousness in him, but he was mixing with it. And remember, there was two intellectual preachers that went down to preach to Sodom. They did no miracle, only blinded them. And the preaching of the cross blinds the unbeliever. That's what great meetings of Billy Graham and them has done, that's made them worse.
- But they didn't perform any miracles, only smote some men blind. And the preaching of the Gospel does smite blind to the unbeliever.
- And so after They went down to Sodom. Remember what Their message was when They got down there? Repentance. "Come out." That was a modern Billy Graham, and an Oral Roberts, or whatever you want to call it, two great, mighty ministers that went down there into Sodom and preached repentance. They didn't perform so many miracles: only blinded a few eyes. And preaching the Gospel does blind the unbeliever. So He… They—they never done such a miracle. They did miracles, but not miracles like was back here at the other place. Now, They preached and called them. "Repent or perish." That was the Two that went down into Sodom.
- Now, there come up three Angels, and One of them was God. So He set down with Abraham; and two of them went down in Sodom and preached the Gospel to them. Is that right? A modern Billy Graham to the church normal that's in Sodom, great men like that, Oral Roberts, going down there and performing… They didn't do much of a miracle, not too many. They did something, smiting them blind. Now, Jesus said, "As it was in the days of Sodom…" Now remember, two preachers, a modern Billy Graham and O—somebody else, we'd say any great evangelist, Oral Roberts, or some of them, went down into Sodom and preached. Now, they were great preachers, for they did do a sign down there, a miracle, but not that sign. See? Went down into Sodom, and they preached a warning message that they'd better "get out of there, for God's going to destroy it."
First he says no miracles then a miracle or two. Just do an internet search for Oral Roberts or reads his life story and you will find out that William Branham did not tell this correctly. People have to disregard truth to believe God performed no miracles in Oral Roberts' ministry. This is another example of William Branham pointing to himself and pointing away from another man of God.
Who was Frank Boreham?
Listen to the podcast on Frank Boreham - click here.
Rev. Dr. F.W. Boreham was born on March 3rd 1871 and died on May 18th 1959.
From the Frank W. Boreham website:
- Perhaps the most unrecognised writer within all of Christendom is the little known, but widely read, Frank William (F.W.) Boreham. Despite being unknown to most Australians he is still the best selling Australian author of all time with many of his books going into as many as 37 reprint editions!
- When introduced to an assembly of Presbyterian Pastors in Scotland in 1936, this was his introduction:
- The man whose name is on all our lips, whose books are on our shelves and whose illustrations are in all our sermons.
- Frank Boreham wrote some 55 books and more than 3000 editorials for the Hobart Mercury and The Melbourne Age. He was a master story teller and showed better than any other Christian author that God could be relevant in ways never before considered. Among the classics of Christian-must-read literature, including Pilgrim’s Progress, The Imitation of Christ, Practicing The Presence of God, Foxe’s Book of Martyrs, The Chronicles of Narnia, is now considered Boreham’s “A Bunch of Everlastings“. People have literally died clutching that book to their chests as they drew some last moments of comfort from the words Boreham had masterfully penned. I would rate this book as the one of the best books I have ever read.
- Toward the end of Boreham’s ministry he went on a tour of the USA and Canada. He was stunned at the level of admiration and affection he received from Americans who had grown to love his books over the previous 30 years.
- When he arrived in Canada he was greeted as “Dr. Boreham” and went to correct his host who informed him that he had been given an honourary doctorate in divinity from the same Seminary which his hero, F.B. Meyer, had also been honoured.
- Travelling across the Atlantic to the U.K. he was overwhelmed with his reception. In Ireland his wife was publically honoured for her years of support of her husband’s ministry. Boreham was to almost tearfully respond by saying that he would forever be in the debt of Ireland for their warmth and thoughtfulness especially toward his wife.
- It was after this tour that Boreham reflected on the enormous numbers of people from both of these continents who thanked him for his books which had brought them to faith in Christ. It was then that Boreham realised that his years of toil in research for his preaching had not been wasted as God had indeed used him to be most effective in evangelising.
Other quotes of William Branham
- But A-b-r-a-h-a-m, Abraham, is seven letters. Say, "There's nothing in numbers." Then you don't know the numatics of your Bible. You're sure to get it wrong now. Certainly.
- And G-r-a-h-a-m is only six letters. A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters, God's Word, perfected.
- But, h-a-m! Now, G-r-a-h-a-m is only six letters, but A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters. Six is man's number, man's organization, man's doing; but A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters.
- G-r-a-h-a-m--six letters. A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters, but G-r-a-h-a-m is six letters, which is the world--man. See?
- A-b-r-a-h-a-m is seven letters; G-r-a-h-a-m is six letters. Where's he at? To the world. Six is man's number. Man was created on the sixth day. But seven's God's number.
- G-r-a-h-a-m, six letters, to the world, man's number. But Abraham had seven letters in the name, God's complete and perfect number. See? And notice what the messengers did that went out in there: preached the Word, called them out, told them to repent.
- ↑ AUDIO.LETTER.TO.LEE.VAYLE TUCSON.AZ 64-0500
- ↑ AUDIO.LETTER.TO.LEE.VAYLE TUCSON.AZ 64-0500
- ↑ 59-0812 - Discerning The Body Of The Lord
- ↑ 60-0109 - Sirs, We Would See Jesus
- ↑ 60-0720 - It Is I
- ↑ 62-0724 - Sir, We Would See Jesus
- ↑ JEHOVAH JIREH 2 64-0403
- ↑ TRIAL.A TUCSON.AZ 64-0427
- ↑ PRESENCE.OF.GOD.UNRECOGNIZED TPK.KS V-20 N-2 64-0618
- ↑ THIS.DAY.THIS.SCRIPTURE JEFF.IN V-3 N-8 65-0219
- ↑ WHO.IS.THIS.MELCHISEDEC JEFF.IN V-5 N-10 65-0221E
- ↑ I.HAVE.HEARD.BUT.NOW.I.SEE SHP.LA V-7 N-3 65-1127E