William Branham preached a series of sermons in March 1963 on the Seven Seals of the book of Revelation, and said that each seal identifies a religious disturbance. This article is one in a series of studies on the Seven Seals - you are currently on the topic that is in bold:
William Branham compared Jesus’ words in Matthew 24:6 with the second seal.
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Anointed to Martyr, and be Martyred
The second seal is rider on a red horse, with a sword. William Branham said the beast the spoke was the ox-angel, which was a martyr anointing.
William Branham pointed at the Roman Catholic Church’s rise to political power, and the murder of 68 million Christian martyrs as the fulfillment of the second seal.
- “Now, here's my revelation of it: This is Satan again ...But you find out here that this man has a sword so he pertains to church political war. … There's the Second Seal. Do you love Him? Oh, my. That's THUS SAITH THE LORD. Praise be to God.”
William Branham says some very strange comments during this sermon, such as:
- ”when a man turns down the Gospel Truth, Satan marks him. Where? At his ear.” However, William Branham admits turning down the Gospel call as a youth, as published in his Life story by Julius Stadsklev.
- ” The devil, as I proved to you the other night is in a trinity just like God”
- ” God works His place in a trinity: justification, sanctification and incarnate Himself in His people with the baptism of the Holy Ghost. Same thing. The devil's just in a type after Christ.”
- “And I'd want you to, not by no mean, think that I am trying to inject some kind of a--a cult of Elijah's blankets or robes and oh, all those things we've had plenty of them.”
William Branham’s secret source of information for this sermon was the writings of Clarence Larkin. Here is a comparison:
|What William Branham Said 
||What Clarence Larkin Said 
|Now, here's my revelation of it: This is Satan again ...But you find out here that this man has a sword so he pertains to church political war.
There is no need to tarry long with this SEAL. When it was broken John heard the second, or “Calf-like Living Creature” say, “Come,” and a “RED HORSE” appeared and went forth, whose Rider was given a “GREAT SWORD,” and who had power to take peace from the earth, and cause men to kill one another. The symbolism is very clear. Red, the color of the Horse, is a symbol of BLOOD, and the Sword is a symbol of WAR.
Does it concern you that we have found proof that a number of William Branham's prophecies did not come true?
- “I charge any of you in the Name of the Lord Jesus to ever--to put your finger on one thing of the hundreds of things that's been told before they come to pass and say they did not come to pass. Tell me one time that on the platform, out there wherever it was, that He ever spoke anything that wasn't perfectly just exactly that way.” (William Branham, The Second Seal)
Didn’t William Branham say that he came out of the desert, and claim the Third Pull would happen in the secret chamber? If so, do you want to believe Jesus' warning or William Branham's stories?
- “And now, just before the coming of Christ, the Bible said there would be false christs arise and would claim to be Christ, and would say, "Lo," the people say, "He's in the desert." Don't believe it. "Lo, He's in the secret chamber." Don't believe it. "For as the sun shineth from the east unto the west, so shall the coming of the Son of man be." See? Yes, He'll--He'll--He'll appear, and it'll be a universal thing.” (William Branham, The Second Seal)
- ↑ William Branham, March 19, 1963, The Second Seal
- ↑ Clarence Larkin, The Book of Revelation: A Study of the Last Prophetic Book of Holy Scripture, 55 (Philadelphia, PA: Rev. Clarence Larkin Estate, 1919).